Thoroughly discuss the theoretical rationale from your text or nursing literature that supports a minimum of two of the interventions that you applied in the care of your patient. Cite sources.
This is my draft, it is personal journal so is ok to use 1st person. All the INFORMATION from my draft should be used (kept), maybe only rewrite to make sound better. English is my second language so writing is my huge struggle.
Please check the body of the paper 4 pages. DO NOT worry about reference page and title page .
Make sure a journal is free of errors, grammar, and spelling mistakes.
Make sure paper is well organized with logical flow, also USE TRANSITIONS WELL.
a. Patient’s age, gender, medical and psychiatric diagnoses
b. The focus of your care plan or teaching plan
c. Purpose or thesis of the paper
2. Describe communication and collaboration strategies that you used to promote trust, build a therapeutic nurse-patient relationship, and establish professional boundaries. Identify nurse or patient factors that may have interfered with effectively relating with the patient or maintaining clear boundaries.
3. Discuss whether you experienced a conflict of values with the patient. Describe the strategies you chose to eliminate judgment of the patient’s choices or behaviors.
4. Identify assumptions, biases, or stereotypes that you may have experienced regarding the patient or their illness. Discuss feelings of frustration or discomfort that may have come up.
a. Examine the possible reasons for your beliefs and feelings and how you chose to manage them.
b. Describe how you demonstrated acceptance of the patient and their illness and the potential negative effect on the patient’s experience if you had not managed your thoughts and feelings
5. Thoroughly discuss the theoretical rationale from your text or nursing literature that supports a minimum of two of the interventions that you applied in the care of your patient. Cite sources.
6. Provide specific examples of how you thoughtfully and purposively demonstrated one or more of the Franciscan Values during your clinical shift. Discuss the impact on yourself and/or others. Cite sources.
7. Describe your intentional behaviors that depict professionalism and portray a positive image of nursing.
8. Evaluate your clinical performance by analyzing your professional growth. Identify areas in which you have developed more competence and areas in which you plan to improve.
9. Conclusion: instead if summarizing, conclude with how writing the journal was beneficial to you.