Health Needs and Resources in Your Community
- Explain the benefits of population-based nursing for the community
- Describe the role of a public health nurse
In this presentation assignment, you are a public health nurse who will be presenting at a town hall meeting.
A 7- to 10-slide presentation with presenter’s notes and references using APA 7.0 formatting style.
Step 1 Explore health-related programs delivered by your community health department.
Research your community health department’s website to identify two health-related programs currently available within your community. Learn which populations benefit from these programs.
Step 2 Develop your presentation.
Develop a 7- to 10-slide presentation, using APA 7.0 formatting style, to be presented at a town hall meeting in your role as the public health nurse. Slides should be no more than 5 lines with a maximum of 6 words per line. This meeting is an informal public meeting. Your presentation should include the following information:
- A title slide with your name, credentials, and title of presentation
- A minimum of one slide for each of the following topics:
- A description of your role as public health nurse.
- The benefits of population-based nursing for the community
- Two examples of health-related programs currently available in your community. Indicate how populations benefit from these programs.
- A summary slide
- A reference slide citing any sources used. This slide should be in APA 7.0 format style.