Health care and Disabilities
Topic: Health care and Disabilities
Question: In 350 Words
After reviewing the website from the WHO about disabilities , including the infographic Better health for people with disabilities :
· Discuss why the “ Why is the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Important “ actually important.
· Suggest a health policy to address one of the WHO-identified disabilities in health care. Visit your state’s website on long-term care: Describe one long-term service available and how individuals can access help. (See Vermont page as an example: Green Mountain Care .)
Week 08 Team Testimony Part 1 – Peer-Reviewed Articles
In this week we will examine the challenges and consider what policies might help us address the needs of vulnerable populations.
With an aging population and increasing chronic illnesses, these vulnerable populations will continue to increase; yet our healthcare system does not have a clear policy or effective system to address the complex health needs and meet the cost of care.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than one billion people—15% of the world’s population—live with some form of disability. With an aging population and increasing chronic illnesses, these rates will continue to rise; yet our healthcare system does not have a clear policy or effective system to address the complex health needs and meet the cost of care. In this unit, we will examine the challenges and consider what policies might help us address the needs of these vulnerable populations.
For this discussion:
1. Choose a Health Care Policy that you are going to Research
2. Each team member will create a discussion topic for their research and include the name of their team partner(s) for easy cross-referencing.
3. Each team member will post their chosen Policy/Issue and identify their stakeholder.
4. Each team member will provide full citations and links to their peer reviewed article that addresses the topics/arguments on the policy issue.
5. Classmates should review the articles, before viewing the testimony video in next weeks discussion, to be informed and able to engage in the online discussion next week. In 350 Words