Nursing during an epidemic
1. Choose from one of the following topics:
Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
a. Social media influences on health or health care delivery
b. The effect of the media on nursing image. How can nurses educate the public and help portray the true image of nursing?
c. The prevalence and impact of substance abuse among nurses (impaired nursing)
d. Impact of collective bargaining on the nursing profession
e. Impact of workplace harassment and violence on the nursing profession
f. You may select from ONE of the following technological advances and discuss its impact on patient outcomes:
. Telehealth technology
i. Health applications
ii. Health-related/electronic wearables
2. PPT Presentation will have 8-10 slides, NOT including the title and reference slides. You will also need to include graphics to make your slides interesting.
3. You are to create bullet points for each slide, not including the title and reference slides. Include speaker notes for each slide by including 4-5 sentences to address the bulleted items on each slide. Please follow APA style and include citations in your speaker notes.
4. Including a minimum of 4-5 peer research articles as references in the presentation. All research articles needs to be within 5 years from today’s date. No blog, chat, other university or Wikipedia information allowed in presentation. The PowerPoint presentation must follow APA style.
5. Describe in detail your plan for how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
6. Include the following elements in your presentation:
. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in nursing workforce or clinical setting?
a. Current relevance of the topic
b. How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
You will need to follow these steps below for saving your PowerPoint so that your speaker notes are visible:
1. Open your PPT and go to “file” in top left corner.
2. Click “print” option. Make sure “print all slides” and “print slides with notes” is selected.
3. Go to “Save As” on the left hand side and be sure you save as a PDF.
4. Under your save as selection, click “more options”. Select the “Options” button and click the “Publish What” pull-down and then select “Notes Pages.” (If you click slides it will not show the speaker notes)
5. Click “OK.”
6. Complete your selection process by checking “Open file after publishing” and selecting the “Optimize for: ‘Standard’ and ‘Minimum Size’” choices.
7. Click on “Save” next to the “Tools” button at the bottom of the box